This year is the final Year 9 group that can make a move to another school for Year 10. Therefore it is important that you are very clear of the process you need to follow to gain a place at whichever school is your choice.
Staying at Ivanhoe
· You do not need to make a new application, your current school place is secure.
· We will be sending a survey out, please complete and tick to say that you intend your child to stay at Ivanhoe.
· We will make further contact about your child choosing their option subjects.
· You will need to make an online application to transfer into Year 10 at another school.
· You must apply for this new place through the Leicestershire County Council website at
You will need to create a portal account to apply. Choose the option Apply for a Secondary School Place (not the move schools option)
· We will be sending a survey out, please complete and tick to say which school you have chosen. This will help us arrange for your child to get the information they need from their chosen school about making their option choices.
The results of applications will be announced to parents on 1st March 2024, but you are assured a place at your chosen school (if it is in the National Forest Hub Schools) due to the Age Range Change Agreement.
Important Notice – Home to School Transport Entitlement Free secondary school transport is only provided to the ‘nearest’ or ‘nearest Leicestershire’ school so free transport is no longer provided to the admissions catchment area school*. Feeder school arrangements also have no bearing on entitlement to school transport.
For the full information Leicestershire County Council September 2022 - Please Click Here
Part of LIFE MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST